Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Amazing 4th of July Weekend for Team Guinta

This past 4th of July weekend, I was honored to see the more than 120 volunteers come out in support of Team Guinta. First and foremost, I want to thank you all for donating your time and effort, especially on this busy holiday weekend. I would also like to thank those of you who donated vehicles. As you can see below, we had a beautiful vintage Packard as well as a dump truck that we were able to turn into a veritable Team Guinta Float!

merrimackparade1

Over the course of the weekend our team was represented in 8 different parades across the state! I attended as many as time and logistics would allow, marching in Bartlett, Raymond, Merrimack, and Laconia. Additionally, Team Guinta members organized parade sections in Gilmanton, Brentwood, Wolfeboro, and Conway.

merrimackparade3

At one point in the Raymond parade, a voter asked me, “Mr. Guinta, what are you going to do about this crazy Washington spending?” I replied that I would bring the same fiscal responsibility to Washington that I used in Manchester.

Another man said rather frankly, “What are you going to do better than Carol Shea-Porter? What are you going to do for me?” For me the answer was easy. I said, “Give you back your government and your representation.”

We had great support at each of these parades. Once again, thank you to all the volunteers. We simply could not have done it without you. Considering all the great work done this weekend and the number of volunteers at each event, I think Team Guinta continues to lead all candidates in bringing a message of reform and responsibility back to Washington.

merrimackparade2