Thursday, January 21, 2010

Let's Talk Frank About... Tour Begins

We had a great first day on the tour of the First Congressional District.

I met some great business owners and voters in Bedford, such as Dan and Emily St. Jean at Karen's Kitchen on Rte. 101, Robert and Dylan Cruess at T.F. Moran at 48 Constitution Drive, Tony Stamatis at Pizza Bella on Rte. 101, Bonnie Stewart at Learning Adventures at 51 Old Bedford Road and of course all the great kids.

"I'd very much like to see a return to the core functions of government in Washington," said Dylan Cruess of T.F. Moran, a land planning firm. "Returning to these functions will solve our spending and fiscal problems. We're very happy to have a congressional candidate who feels the same way."

With comments like Dylan's, it's clear to me that the mood that sent Republican Scott Brown to win the "People's Senate Seat" in Massachusetts is just as widespread here in New Hampshire. I'm excited to be a part of this movement and grateful to Granite Staters who want me to bring common sense back to their District 1 House seat in Washington.

As I reflect on the great people I met in Bedford earlier today, I'm really excited to meet more folks from the area at my first Town Hall meeting tonight in Bedford. As the title of the tour suggests, I'm ready to talk frank about anything that's on your mind tonight. I can assure you that I will remember these nights and bring your voice to Congress if you honor me with your votes.

I hope to see you tonight at 6 p.m. at the Bedford Town Hall. You can find the Town Hall at 70 Bedford Center Road. If you can't make it tonight, you'll still be able to catch me at five other meetings before our tour is done. Meet me in North Conway at 6 p.m. on January 27, in Rochester at 6 p.m. on February 11, in Dover at 6 p.m. on February 18, in Londonderry at 6 p.m. on February 24, or in Wolfeboro at 6 p.m. on March 3.

-- Frank Guinta